Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sweet Boy

Last night I got home from work around 9:40pm.... feeling a little grumpy and tired. I walk in the house and say hello to my exhausted husband, who can barely muster up a grunt in response and is just about passed out on the couch. Needless to say, his welcome didn't really make my mood any better. So I head into the kitchen to get a bite to eat when Iain starts calling me. I go upstairs thinking he is going to be whining that he wants a drink or can't get to sleep or something. I look into his room and he is sitting on his bed with a huge smile on his face and when he sees me he starts clapping his hands and bouncing on his bed. As soon as I walked in his room he wanted to give me a hug. He told me that he heard my car pull in the driveway and he wanted to say goodnight to me. What a sweet little mood booster!

2 comments:

The Svoboda Family said...

Oh...doesn't that make your heart just melt? Iain sure is a little sweetie...you'll have to have his Daddy take some lessons from him! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Johanna, I just found your blog. I loved this post...it's amazing how little kids can lift your spirits. So sweet!

Come visit me sometime, at blog.wantingwhatyouhave.com

Have a great weekend!