+edit.jpg)
I was just rocking Ella to sleep. She had woken up crying a couple of times after I put her to bed, which is not like her. As I was trying to comfort her, I was worrying that she might be getting sick or might be in some kind of pain. I changed her jammies because they where a little on the small side and I thought maybe she was uncomfortable (that didn't help). When she finally calmed down and went to sleep, I found myself starting to rearrange my plans for tomorrow. What if she is sick or needs to go to the doctor or both, I already told Iain we were going to a parade, I will have to stay behind with Ella and Sean will have to take Iain without me.... all this was going through my mind (along with a little prayer that my baby girl will be okay). I'm sure all of the other Mothers reading this are shaking their heads in agreement, as if to say "yup, I've been through times like that". It made me realize how wonderful Mother's are. I never thought about all the plans I probably wrecked for my Mom, or all the days of work she had to miss because I was sick (even if I was faking it). Motherhood is such a special gift that God has given us. There isn't anyone else on earth that will measure up to our mothers. So, to all of the awesome Moms in my life, Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day, Joh'! I liked your message & pic. Now that I'm a mom, I think back over all those (30) years that I took my mother for granted. You just don't get it until you're a mom yourself, ya know?! :)
Post a Comment