Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Preschool already!?

Iain will be starting preschool next week. I can't believe it is that time already! I feel like just yesterday I was cradling him in my arms and now he is starting school! We enrolled him in a co-op nursery school that is held in the church right behind our house....very convenient. Co-op meaning I also enrolled myself. The parents are required to help at the school a couple days a month. Which is a good thing. I'll get to know the kids Iain is making friends with (and their parents) and I will be able to see first hand what they are teaching him.

Today I took Iain over to the school to meet his teacher and talk with her a little. Mrs. O. was trying to get him to converse with her and draw a picture but he was a little....well, a lot distracted by all the new things around to play with. So needless to say, he didn't talk for very long. She gave him a homework assignment before he left, a paper plate that he has to make his "happy face" on. I got out some craft supplies when we got home and he made a very nice face on his plate!

Stay tuned for an update on his first day of school....

5 comments:

The Svoboda Family said...

What a big boy!!! Can't wait to hear how his first week goes...for him and for his MOMMY!!!

Andrea said...

Yay! i know it is hard when they first go off to school... but there is a small glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel for you... enjoy!

K said...

I can't wait to hear more!

Aimee Ruediger said...

Time certainly does fly by doesn't it??

Issakainen said...

I found it because of yours! I loved it.... we can share : ) We've been very busy this week but will post after Abby's dedication! Hope to see you soon!