Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a week....

So, I had been planning on having this garage sale today, which I did. I spent all week trying to get ready. On Tuesday, Ella got sick with a bad cold and wasn't sleeping well for the next couple of days (including during naps when I would've been working to get ready). Then on Wednesday night, I got hit hard with the same cold, so I wasn't sleeping well myself. Plus I had to work Wednesday night and Thursday night. I felt so horrible on Thursday and Friday, I thought about not having the sale. But I pressed on anyways, dragging box after box down 2 flights of stairs from the attic (Iain had A LOT of clothes up there). This morning I managed (with Sean's help) to get everything outside. The rain held off for most of the day.... it didn't start raining until we were cleaning up. So now, most of the stuff that I dragged out all week long, is back in the house (stacked up in the dining room). The sale was some what successful. I was hoping to sell more so I wouldn't have to put it all away again. Maybe next time (ugh). Well actually, maybe I will try Craigslist instead.

Next week Iain starts school and we are having Ella's birthday party at our house on Saturday. I'm sure next week will be another week like this one....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Ugh! Garage sales are so much work for very little reward it seems! Glad you are feeling better and I hope you have a GREAT week!

Aimee Ruediger said...

I hate garage sales!!! Correction....I LOVE going to other people's garage sales!! Carl keeps bugging me to do one here and I keep saying "absolutely not!" Glad you got rid of some stuff! Have fun at pre-school this week!!! It's bittersweet. I cried for both so far on each of their orientation days. It's so exciting for them and so heart tugging for you!! Enjoy!!

The Svoboda Family said...

I really need to have a garage sale someday...we are such pack rats. I have the hardest time parting with things...but our house is literally bursting at the seams!